The Partnership internship program includes seasonal internships in the organization’s various departments including marketing and communications, business development, research, public policy, Chamber and investor relations.
Marketing & Communications Intern
The Intern for the Marketing and Communications department of the Orlando Economic Partnership (the Partnership) is tasked with learning and developing crucial skills that will help build a successful career while earning real-world experience in the workplace. The position is designed for active engagement in all aspects of the organization’s marketing and communications projects. Day-to-day oversight for this position is provided by the Marketing and Communications Specialist.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours worked per week. Activities and assignments can include:
- Composing news releases, media alerts and researching publicity opportunities
- Writing stories for the Partnership’s blog
- Developing case studies on business development projects
- Assisting with media plans and pitching to external communications outlets
- Contributing to the organization’s social media platforms
- Designing and editing event specific emails and landing pages
- Assisting with the creation of print and digital marketing collateral
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- At least 18 years of age and currently enrolled in a university or college as a full-time, degree seeking individual
- Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing-oriented education is preferred
- Understanding of MS Office – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel; Social media platforms for corporate communication purposes
- Writing and communication skills
- Willingness to manage projects
- Specifically interested in gaining “real-world” public relations and/or marketing experience
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Justin.Braun.Orlando.org
About the Partnership
The Orlando Economic Partnership unifies our community’s strategies to create a more prosperous economy for all.