The Partnership internship program includes seasonal internships in the organization’s various departments including marketing and communications, business development, research, public policy, Chamber and investor relations.
Lead Generation Intern
The lead generation intern will work collaboratively with the entire organization to assist in recruiting and retaining businesses in the Orlando region. The intern will work to support trade show and account-based marketing activities, “why Orlando” pitches, and the site evaluation and marketing program. Essential skills include research, data entry, writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Conduct research to identify and build prospect lists and detailed business profiles
- Catalog information for tracking prospects and building campaigns using the Partnership’s customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Support the creation of economic related case studies that promote investment for inclusive economic development
- Use research data to design cluster maps in Tableau or ESRI mapping that support business recruitment and retention efforts
- Copyedit and proof RFP submissions, web pages and collateral materials
- Draft speaker submissions and abstracts to pitch Orlando thought leaders at national conferences and trade shows
- Draft proactive email outreach drafts for prospective companies detailing the “why Orlando” pitch for that company or project
- Ability to manage various priorities independently
- Experience with Salesforce CRM system
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience using data and research to support an argument or thesis
- Communicate and manage relationships with external partners
Internship Requirements: The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are currently enrolled in a university or college as a full-time degree seeking individual and able to work 20 hours per week.
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Sara.Reynolds@orlando.org
Public Affairs and Communications Intern
The Intern for the Public Affairs department of the Orlando Economic Partnership (the Partnership) is tasked with learning and developing crucial skills that will help build a successful career while earning real-world experience in the workplace. The position is designed for active engagement in all aspects of the organization’s communications projects. Day-to-day oversight for this position is provided by the Director of Public Affairs and Communications.
- Composing news releases, media alerts and researching publicity opportunities
- Writing and editing stories for the Partnership’s blog and newsletters
- Developing case studies on business development projects
- Assisting with media plans and pitching to external communications outlets
- Contributing to the organization’s social media platforms
- Drafting and editing event specific emails and landing pages
- Assisting with the creation of print and digital marketing collateral
- Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing-oriented education is preferred
- Understanding of MS Office – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel; Social media platforms for corporate communication purposes
- Writing and communication skills
- Willingness to manage projects
- Specifically interested in gaining “real-world” public relations and/or marketing experience
Internship Requirements: The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are currently enrolled in a university or college as a full-time degree seeking individual and able to work 15 hours per week.
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Jennifer.Marcial@orlando.org
About the Partnership
The Orlando Economic Partnership unifies our community’s strategies to create a more prosperous economy for all.